Форум исследований Даосизма
и древних традиций
不識浮沉寧分主客
Не распознав плывущих и тонущих, разве отделишь главных от гостей?  - Чжан Бодуань
Желая водрузить Дао Дэ за предѣлами тысячъ ли, я не боялся ни вѣтра, ни пыли, шествуя къ девяти варварскимъ народамъ.
Сначала я ѣхалъ на сѣверо-западъ...

Вернуться  
Русский
English
Открыт новый Центр Дао Дэ в Киеве!                     Открыт новый Центр Дао Дэ в Москве!                     Открыт новый Центр Дао Дэ в Ростове-на-Дону!
Старый 18.10.2019, 05:49   #1
Практикующий Дао Дэ

По умолчанию Horsetail Whisk

I was reading online about the Eight Immortals and what I read ([Ссылки могут видеть только зарегистрированные пользователи. ]) led me to wonder about the purpose of a "Horsetail Whisk". I did some research online and found an interesting article about it [Ссылки могут видеть только зарегистрированные пользователи. ].

Цитата:
The Horsetail Whisk (拂尘) is a special weapon. It is made by binding the hair from a horse’s tail to a long wooden handle. The horsetail whisk is associated with spiritual power. It is said that the person who holds the whisk is not an ordinary person.

Practical

The horsetail whisk originated as a fly whisk. A compassionate tool, it whisks away the insects instead of killing them. Many modern whisks are made from synthetic fibers. Although they are not natural, or as aesthetically beautiful, using synthetic fibers is more in line with the Daoist view of not causing harm to other living things.

Spiritual

In ancient times when a Daoist disciple would leave their temple to travel as a wandering monk, their master would give them three gifts, including a horsetail whisk. If the disciple was tempted to return to secular life, the whisk would serve as a reminder that these thoughts were like mosquitos buzzing around them, and could be swept away. Horsetail whisks are also used in Daoist ritual as a spiritual tool for purifying a space and remove evil influences. If you watch a lot of Chinese movies or television, you have probably seen Laozi or the Daoist sage Wang Chongyang carrying a horsetail whisk.
But I was wondering if anyone else had ever heard anything about it and if what it says here on this link is correct?

And if it is correct, I wonder if it is allowed for anyone to have this device or if only senior practitioners can own or use it?
котенок Амелия вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 18.10.2019, 20:31   #2
Доступ 2 уровня

fly whisk? sure you can buy one without waiting to become immortal )) It may play some role in rituals, but "mosquitos buzzing around" were more important, in my opinion.
Михаил Федоров вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 25.10.2019, 07:31   #3
Практикующий Дао Дэ

Hehe that sounds logical. I just thought it was interesting and maybe more to it, but perhaps its just mostly practical as you say!
котенок Амелия вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Ответ