Форум исследований Даосизма
и древних традиций
不識浮沉寧分主客
Не распознав плывущих и тонущих, разве отделишь главных от гостей?  - Чжан Бодуань
Желая водрузить Дао Дэ за предѣлами тысячъ ли, я не боялся ни вѣтра, ни пыли, шествуя къ девяти варварскимъ народамъ.
Сначала я ѣхалъ на сѣверо-западъ...

Вернуться  
Русский
English
Открыт новый Центр Дао Дэ в Киеве!                     Открыт новый Центр Дао Дэ в Москве!                     Открыт новый Центр Дао Дэ в Ростове-на-Дону!
Старый 21.08.2019, 05:33   #1
Практикующий Дао Дэ

По умолчанию Guodian Chu Slips

In regards to the Guodian Chu Slips, as I understand it these are the earliest records of the Dao De Jing? If this is the case, should all true translations be based upon it? And would the best way to study the Dao De Jing be to read these slips?

There is a book discussing these slips: "Lao Tzu's Tao Te Ching: A Translation of the Startling New Documents Found at Guodian by Robert G. Henricks", does anyone have it? Is it good?

Some of the pages with translations to english appear to be here: [Ссылки могут видеть только зарегистрированные пользователи. ]

What do people think of it?

Regards,
Amy
котенок Амелия вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 21.08.2019, 10:09   #2
Доступ 2 уровня

Цитата:
The Guodian Dao De Jing has been dated to the third or fourth century BCE, and the characters were written in a form of Small seal characters. Due to the confusion of the writing system at the time (as mentioned above), the characters used in the Guodian text created much controversy between the modern scholars who have tried to determine which modern characters they represent.
The above is partly an answer to your question.

Цитата:
Please mind that our Teacher, Дмитрий Александрович, has been researching this text for about 30 years, if I'm not mistaken, and is still in the process of his studies.

With kind regards,
Olga
Старый 21.08.2019, 10:18   #3
Доступ 2 уровня

Цитата:
Сообщение от котенок Амелия Посмотреть сообщение
In regards to the Guodian Chu Slips, as I understand it these are the earliest records of the Dao De Jing? If this is the case, should all true translations be based upon it? And would the best way to study the Dao De Jing be to read these slips?

There is a book discussing these slips: "Lao Tzu's Tao Te Ching: A Translation of the Startling New Documents Found at Guodian by Robert G. Henricks", does anyone have it? Is it good?

Some of the pages with translations to english appear to be here: [Ссылки могут видеть только зарегистрированные пользователи. ]

Regards,
Amy
Hello Amy,

"Not all of the chapters found in the Mawangdui or "received" texts are included in the Guodian, and not all of the characters in the later versions appear in the Guodian"

The problem of Guodian is that it's 1) incomplete 2) different from received versions... For sure it's worth to study and compare, but we would skip too much if we based our study just on Guodian...

Guodian looks like an abridged version of Dao De Jing, so it's safe to say that we have to be very careful about any conclusions made by scientists who claim it the most authentic etc.
Михаил Федоров вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 21.08.2019, 10:39   #4
Администратор

Good day!
I translated this treatise (Guodian) 19 years ago. My opinion is this: it contains both very important clarifications of the common and Mawangdui texts, as well as a mass of completely ridiculous distortions.
Regards, D.A.

Последний раз редактировалось Д.А.Артемьев; 21.08.2019 в 10:41.
Д.А.Артемьев вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 21.08.2019, 12:47   #5
Практикующий Дао Дэ

Цитата:
Сообщение от Ольга Уланова Посмотреть сообщение
The above is partly an answer to your question.

With kind regards,
Olga
Thanks Olga! Interesting, that is a very good point. Even trying to read Shakespeare with my knowledge of english is difficult and that is only 400 years ago.

Цитата:
Сообщение от Михаил Федоров Посмотреть сообщение
Hello Amy,

"Not all of the chapters found in the Mawangdui or "received" texts are included in the Guodian, and not all of the characters in the later versions appear in the Guodian"

The problem of Guodian is that it's 1) incomplete 2) different from received versions... For sure it's worth to study and compare, but we would skip too much if we based our study just on Guodian...

Guodian looks like an abridged version of Dao De Jing, so it's safe to say that we have to be very careful about any conclusions made by scientists who claim it the most authentic etc.
Michael, hello!

Thank you for your comments. Do you think there is any reason to believe it s not an authentic piece?

Цитата:
Сообщение от Д.А.Артемьев Посмотреть сообщение
Good day!
I translated this treatise (Guodian) 19 years ago. My opinion is this: it contains both very important clarifications of the common and Mawangdui texts, as well as a mass of completely ridiculous distortions.
Regards, D.A.
Дмитрий Александрович,

I thought that you had a translation (Did not know it was based on Guodian), I could not find it on the forum however. Is it possible to read your translation somewhere? Possibly it is in an obvious location but I was incapable of finding it!

Я подумала, что у вас есть перевод (я не знала, что он основан на Guodian), но я не смог найти его на форуме. Могу я где-нибудь прочитать ваш перевод? Возможно, в очевидном месте, но я не смог его найти!

Kind regards,
Amy
котенок Амелия вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 21.08.2019, 18:20   #6
Администратор

Цитата:
Сообщение от котенок Амелия Посмотреть сообщение

Дмитрий Александрович,

I thought that you had a translation (Did not know it was based on Guodian), I could not find it on the forum however. Is it possible to read your translation somewhere? Possibly it is in an obvious location but I was incapable of finding it!

Я подумала, что у вас есть перевод (я не знала, что он основан на Guodian), но я не смог найти его на форуме. Могу я где-нибудь прочитать ваш перевод? Возможно, в очевидном месте, но я не смог его найти!

Kind regards,
Amy
Hello Amy!
Sorry, but my translation is only in a single copy on my computer .. I taught it at the Center in St. Petersburg about ten years ago for everyone.
Regards, D.A.
Старый 21.08.2019, 19:31   #7
Доступ 2 уровня

Цитата:
Do you think there is any reason to believe it s not an authentic piece?
As it was said, it contains both pieces mixed together, and the only way to separate them is to research all available versions as deep as possible...
Михаил Федоров вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 21.08.2019, 22:48   #8
Администратор

Exclamation

By the way, since there are already the above sites, the participants in this section can slowly go through all the chapters of Godian, while comparing them with other options. "The road will be overcome!")
Regards, D.A.
Ответ