Даосский Центр
"Дао Дэ"
Желая водрузить Дао Дэ за предѣлами тысячъ ли, я не боялся ни вѣтра, ни пыли, шествуя къ девяти варварскимъ народамъ.
Сначала я ѣхалъ на сѣверо-западъ...

Вернуться   DAODE.RU > Форум (главная) > TAOISM AND INNER ALCHEMY > Ancient wisdom of Tao Te Ching
Русский
English
Открыт новый Центр Дао Дэ в Киеве!                     Открыт новый Центр Дао Дэ в Москве!                     Открыт новый Центр Дао Дэ в Ростове-на-Дону!
Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 06.08.2016, 06:03   #1

По умолчанию Laozi's three treasures

As this is my first post, I'd like to begin by thanking the Daode Center for providing this forum to discuss Daoist theory and practice. I admire the members here for having clearly devoted many long years to serious study and practice. It is also nice to find a board that is well-moderated, so that discussions can stay on topic!

I live in Beijing and have been interested in Daoism for about 16 or 17 years, when a few unusual occurrences ignited my affinity for this tradition. During this time I have been privileged to be inspired by quite a few Daoists and Buddhists whose high levels of de dramatically changed my life path and my outlook. Related interests to which I have devoted much time include traditional Chinese medicine (especially tuina and acupressure, though I also use needles and have studied herbology in university here), internal martial arts, and finding effective, easy-to-use physical yangsheng practices which can be learned by anybody.

My thoughts below stem from the recommendation I was given by a lay Daoist whom I have deep respect for, many years ago--he told me that the true study of Daoist texts requires that one understand the writings line-by-line, and character-by-character.

Well, a few years back I came to realize that the character 慈 comprises two 玄’s atop a 心. When seeing two 玄’s side-by-side it’s hard not to think of the phrase from the first chapter of the Daodejing, “玄之又玄,” but something I was even more surprised when one day I looked up 玄之又玄 in the 《道教大辞典》, and the sole definition for this term said that the four characters refer to the kidneys. If one applies this idea to the character 慈, then of course one sees the heart located beneath the kidneys. Such an image seems to evoke internal cultivation as well as the Yijing hexagram 水火既济.

Naturally enough I started to wonder if this imagery has anything to do with Chapter 64 of the Daodejing, where we’re introduced to Laozi’s famous three treasures, the first of which is 慈. Both in English translations and any Chinese commentary I've read, 慈 is always explained as "compassion." Because of this, at first I thought I might be grasping at straws; nobody seems to 拆字 (break Chinese characters into their individual components to find meaning) to explain the Daodejing.

However, one day in book called 《道德经真义》, a book which attempts to explain the Laozi by quoting broadly from neidan-related Daoist poems, essays, and scriptures from throughout the ages, I came across the following poem, 《龙虎交媾诗》, attributed to 王重阳 (Wang Chongyang):

这个修行总不知,元来只是认真慈。
赤衣上士游山水,乌帽先生入火池。
平等常施为大道,清静不退得真慈。
般般显现圆光就,引领金丹采玉芝。

Beneath the poem the author who put this book together offers a brief recapitulation of the poem, followed by, “赤亦上士乃元神,乌帽先生指元精.” Ah-hah!

Once I’d seen Wang Chongyang’s poem, I realized that I’m not totally on my own in my interpretation of the character 慈. I went back to Chapter 67 and my 古文 dictionaries to see what else I could find.

I think that usually 勇 is translated as “brave” and most Chinese commentaries on the Daodejing that I've seen explain this character in such a way. At first, looking closely at the character, I chuckled to myself, thinking it looked a bit like a 男 character with something extra growing out of it. Could that “extra” point to 外阳举 when the mind is tranquil? I then realized that almost certainly that is not the case, because 勇, looked at carefully, is a 甬 atop a 力, whereas the character for man is a field atop strength.

However, I was interested to see that the 《康熙字典》 quotes from the 《说文》, stating of 勇 that it means, “气也,一曰健也,从力甬声”. I looked up 甬, and 《新华字典》 gives it two definitions, the first of which comes straight from the 《说文》: “①本義:草木花結蓓蕾的樣子。②鐘柄.” Again at the risk of “reading too much” into these characters, it doesn’t seem impossible to posit that yong in Chapter 67 of the DDJ is an allusion to physiological reactions to deep stillness (i.e., 虚极静笃). After all, if 勇 is 气 as the Shuowen says, then it’s interesting to note that alchemical texts later on like those written by Wu Chongxu and Liu Huayang seem to sometimes simply use the character 气 to refer to the stirring of the 外肾 (that is my interpretation, anyway--please correct me if I am wrong).

After contemplating 慈 for awhile, I decided to move onto the next treasure, 俭. The Xinhua Dictionary offers: “本義:自我約束,不放縱.” The Shuowen says: “儉,約也.” I wonder, could this be Laozi's allusion to not letting jing “走熟路” if the mind becomes distracted and gives birth to desire during meditation?

Laozi says, “俭故能廣.” Fishing around inside of my dictionaries I couldn’t come up with a satisfactory clue until I took a step back and just looked at the character itself: 廣 is the word for “yellow” (黄) inside of a radical usually meaning “building” (广).

Once again I went back to the Shuowen, looking up 黄. It gave me the following: “地之色也。从田从炗,炗亦聲。炗,古文光。凡黃之屬皆从黃。”

This definition gave me another ah-hah moment. It seems to depict light inside of a field, the same field (田) that is used in the word dantian. Suddenly 廣 seemed to take on a possible layer of allusion: could it be that Laozi uses it here to point towards what later Daoists referred to when speaking of the “黄庭” or dantian?

Although I may simply be thinking too much, it still seems like there is a certain logic present here. Even if I am correct, I’m still not sure what Laozi's third treasure would mean. I would be very interested to hear Chinese-speaking Daode Center members' opinions on my observations. I also have a more general question: in your opinions, is this kind of character analysis important and applicable to the study of the DDJ?

Последний раз редактировалось xiaoaojianghu; 06.08.2016 в 06:06.
xiaoaojianghu вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 07.08.2016, 07:46   #2
Очень опытный

Цитата:
Сообщение от xiaoaojianghu Посмотреть сообщение
As this is my first post, I'd like to begin by thanking the Daode Center for providing this forum to discuss Daoist theory and practice. I admire the members here for having clearly devoted many long years to serious study and practice. It is also nice to find a board that is well-moderated, so that discussions can stay on topic!
Welcome to Daode Forum and thank you for sharing your findings.

Below I made a translation of your post into Russian, so other participants can read and discuss.

Так как это мой первый пост, я хочу начать с того, чтобы поблагодарить Центр Даодэ за предоставление возможности обсуждать Даосскую теорию и практику на этом форуме. Мне нравится то, что участники здесь явно посвятили многие годы серьёзному изучению и практике. Также здорово найти форум, который хорошо модерируется, так что дискуссии не уходят с темы.

Я живу в Пекине, и интересуюсь даосизмом примерно 16 или 17 лет, начиная с того момента, когда несколько необычных случаев зажгли во мне тягу к этой традиции. За это время я удостоился того, чтобы быть вдохновлённым несколькими даосами и буддистами, высокий уровень которых кардинально изменил мой жизненный путь и моё мировоззрение. Относящиеся к этому интересы, которым я посвящаю много времени, включают в себя традиционную китайскую медицину (особенно туйна и аккупрессура, хотя я также использую иглы и изучаю травы здесь в университете), внутренние боевые искусства, и я нахожу довольно эффективным, простым в использовании физические практики yangsheng, которые могут быть изучены любым человеком.

Мои мысли ниже происходят из рекомендации, данной мне много лет назад даосом-мирянином, которого я глубоко уважаю, - он говорил мне, что настоящее изучение даосских текстов требует понимания трактатов строка за строкой, символ за символом.

Значит, несколько лет назад, я обнаружил, что иероглиф 慈 содержит два 玄 над 心.
Видя два 玄 рядом, трудно не думать о фразе из первой главы Даодэцзина, “玄之又玄,” но ещё больше я был удивлён, когда однажды я посмотрел 玄之又玄 в 《道教大辞典》, и единственное определение этого термина было, что четыре иероглифа относятся к почкам.
Если применить эту идею к иероглифу 慈, то, конечно, увидим, что сердце находится под почками. Такой образ словно взывает к внутренней культивации, как и к гексаграмме Ицзина 水火既济.

Довольное естественно, я начал интересоваться есть ли у этого символизма что-либо относящееся к главе 64 ДДЦ, где мы знакомимся со знаменитыми тремя сокровищами Лао Цзы, первое из которых 慈. И в английский переводах, и в любых китайских комментариях, которые я читал, 慈 всегда объясняется как «сострадание». Из-за этого всего, сперва я думал, что я цепляюсь за соломинку; казалось никто не делает 拆字 (разделять китайские иероглифы на их индивидуальные компоненты для понимания смысла), чтобы объяснить Даодэцзин.

Однако, однажды в книге под назвнием 《道德经真义》, книге, которая пытается объяснить Лао Цзы обильными цитатами из даосских алхимических поэм, эссе и трактатов разных эпох, я наткнулся на следующее стихотворение, 《龙虎交媾诗》, приписываемое 王重阳 (Ван Чунъяну):

这个修行总不知,元来只是认真慈。
赤衣上士游山水,乌帽先生入火池。
平等常施为大道,清静不退得真慈。
般般显现圆光就,引领金丹采玉芝。

Под стихотворением автор, составитель книги, предлагает краткое резюме поэмы, а затем пишет: “赤亦上士乃元神,乌帽先生指元精.” Ага!

Как только я увидел стих Ван Чунъяна, я понял, что я не совсем один в моей интерпретации иероглифа 慈. Я вернулся к главе 67 и моим 古文 словарям, чтобы посмотреть, что ещё я мог бы найти.

Я думаю, что обычно 勇 переводится, как «смелый», и большинство китайский комментариев к Даодэцзину, которые я видел, объясняют этот иероглиф так. Сперва, я радовался про себя, думая, что он выглядит немного похоже на 男 с чем-то дополнительным растущим из него. Может ли это «дополнение» указывать на 外阳举, когда ум спокоен? Я потом понял, что почти точно это не так, потому что, если рассмотреть внимательно 勇, то это 甬 над 力, тогда как иероглиф «человек» (прим. пер.- 男) – это «поле» над «силой».

Однако, мне было интересно увидеть, что《康熙字典》 цитирует из 《说文》, утверждая о 勇, что он обозначает “气也,一曰健也,从力甬声”.
Я поискал насчёт 甬, и 《新华字典》 даёт ему два определения, первое из которых идёт прямо из 《说文》: “①本義:草木花結蓓蕾的樣子。②鐘柄.”
Снова рискуя «прочесть слишком много» в этих иероглифах, не кажется невозможным утверждать, что yong в главе 67 ДДЦ – это намёк на физиологическую реакцию на глубокую неподвижность (например, 虚极静笃).
В конце-концов, если 勇 - это 气, как говорит Шовэнь, то интересно отметить, что поздние алхимические тексты, например, написанные У Чунсюем и Лю Хуаяном, кажется, иногда просто используют 气, чтобы указать на движение 外肾 (это моя интерпретация по-любому - пожалуйста поправьте меня, если я не прав).
После долгого размышления над 慈, я решил перейти на следующее сокровище - 俭. Словарь Синьхуа предлагает: “本義:自我約束,不放縱.” Шовэнь говорит: “儉,約也.” Мне интересно, может ли это быть подсказкой Лао Цзы, чтобы не давать цзин “走熟路”, если ум отвлекается и рождает желание во время медитации?
Лао Цзы говорит, “俭故能廣.”
Порыскав в словарях, я не смог найти удовлетворительной нити рассуждения до тех пор, пока я не сделал шаг назад и просто посмотрел на сам иероглиф: 廣 - это“желтый” (黄) внутри радикала, обычно обозначающего «здание» (广).

Снова я вернулся к Шовэнь, ища 黄. Это дало мне следующее: “地之色也。从田从炗,炗亦聲。炗,古文光。凡黃之屬皆从黃。”

Это определение дало мне ещё один «ага!». Кажется, оно изображает свет внутри поля, такое же поле (田), что используется и в слове dantian. Неожиданно 廣 приняло возможный уровень подсказки: могло ли быть так, что Лао Цзы использует его здесь, чтобы указать на то, на что ссылались поздние даосы, когда говорили о “黄庭” или dantian?

Хотя я может быть просто думаю слишком много, всё равно кажется, что в этом есть некоторая логика. Даже если я прав, я всё равно не уверен, что могло бы значить третье сокровище Лао Цзы. Я был бы очень заинтересован услышать мнения участников Даодэ Центра, говорящих по-китайски, о моих наблюдениях. У меня также есть более общий вопрос: по вашему мнению, является ли подобный анализ иероглифов важным и применимым для изучения ДДЦ?

Михаил Федоров вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 08.08.2016, 07:05   #3

Thanks for taking so much time to translate such a long post!
Старый 09.08.2016, 00:18   #4
Administrator
Заслуженный

Цитата:
Сообщение от Михаил Федоров Посмотреть сообщение
Below I made a translation of your post into Russian, so other participants can read and discuss.
Обязательно отвечу завтра вечером, сейчас сильно занят.
С уважением, Д.А.

Translation:
I will reply tomorrow evening for sure, quite busy right now.
Best regards, D.A.

Последний раз редактировалось Михаил Федоров; 09.08.2016 в 20:22.
Д.А.Артемьев на форуме   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 09.08.2016, 17:42   #5
Administrator
Заслуженный

Ответ (буду выкладывать частями):

Добрый день! Мы рады видеть на нашем форуме еще одного Дао-единомышленника! Добро пожаловать к обсуждению различных тем даосской Традиции, и, к тому же, и алхимических направлений других Традиций.

Теперь к существу поднятых вопросов (поэтапно):

Цитата:
Значит, несколько лет назад, я обнаружил, что иероглиф содержит два над .
Видя два рядом, трудно не думать о фразе из первой главы Даодэцзина, “玄之又玄,” но ещё больше я был удивлён, когда однажды я посмотрел 玄之又玄 в 《道教大辞典》, и единственное определение этого термина было, что четыре иероглифа относятся к почкам.
Если применить эту идею к иероглифу , то, конечно, увидим, что сердце находится под почками. Такой образ словно взывает к внутренней культивации, как и к гексаграмме Ицзина 水火既济.
Упомянутый Вами словарь китайские даологи и даосы не любят, так как многие статьи в нем однобоки. И действительно, на сочетание "玄之又玄,” " существует множество трактовок в различных комментариях к Даодэцзину, а вовсе не только одна цитата из :
Цитата:
《太上混元真籙》:〝玄之又玄,謂左右腎也〞
Много лет изучая Даодэцзин, я никак не могу согласиться, что весь 1й чжан Даодэцзина можно свести лишь к левой и правой почкам.
Тем не менее, дальнейшее рассуждение о
Цитата:
水火既济
вполне правомерно в данном случае.

Цитата:
Довольное естественно, я начал интересоваться есть ли у этого символизма что-либо относящееся к главе 64 ДДЦ, где мы знакомимся со знаменитыми тремя сокровищами Лао Цзы, первое из которых .
Вы наверное хотели сказать 67 главе?
Цитата:
我有三寶、持而保之。一日慈、二日儉、三日不敢爲天下先...
Продолжение следует.
С уважением, Д.А.

Translation:
My reply (will post it in parts):

We're glad to see one more participant, like-minded in Dao, on our forum! Please welcome to discuss various Daoist Tradition topics, and moreover, alchemy currents of other Traditions.

Now about the essence of raised questions (step by step):

Цитата:
Well, a few years back I came to realize that the character 慈 comprises two 玄’s atop a 心. When seeing two 玄’s side-by-side it’s hard not to think of the phrase from the first chapter of the Daodejing, “玄之又玄,” but something I was even more surprised when one day I looked up 玄之又玄 in the 《道教大辞典》, and the sole definition for this term said that the four characters refer to the kidneys. If one applies this idea to the character 慈, then of course one sees the heart located beneath the kidneys. Such an image seems to evoke internal cultivation as well as the Yijing hexagram 水火既济.
Chinese Daologists and Daoists don't like the dictionary you mentioned, because many articles in it are very one-sided. And really, for the combination "玄之又玄,” " there is a multitude of explanations in various commentaries to Dao De Jing, and not just one from:
Цитата:
《太上混元真籙》:〝玄之又玄,謂左右腎也〞
By exploring Dao De Jing for many years, I see no way to agree, that the entire 1st zhang of Dao De Jing can be simplified just to left and right kidneys. However, further reasoning about
Цитата:
水火既济
is quite legitimate in this case.

Цитата:

Naturally enough I started to wonder if this imagery has anything to do with Chapter 64 of the Daodejing, where we’re introduced to Laozi’s famous three treasures, the first of which is 慈. Both in English translations and any Chinese commentary I've read, 慈 is always explained as "compassion." Because of this, at first I thought I might be grasping at straws; nobody seems to 拆字 (break Chinese characters into their individual components to find meaning) to explain the Daodejing.
You probably wanted to say chapter 67?
Цитата:
我有三寶、持而保之。一日慈、二日儉、三日不敢爲天下先...
To be continued.
Best regard, D.A.

Последний раз редактировалось Михаил Федоров; 09.08.2016 в 21:00.
Старый 10.08.2016, 12:45   #6

Many, many thanks--I truly look forward to reading your next post!

Before I reply to this one, since forum where three languages are in use, I'm wondering would it be better for me to use English or Chinese?

Translation:
Большое-большое спасибо -- я действительно жду Вашего следующего сообщения!

Прежде, чем ответить на этот, так как на форуме используется три языка, что лучше мне использовать: английский или китайский?

Последний раз редактировалось Михаил Федоров; 11.08.2016 в 19:40.
Старый 10.08.2016, 12:56   #7
Заслуженный

Цитата:
Many, many thanks--I truly look forward to reading your next post!

Before I reply to this one, since forum where three languages are in use, I'm wondering would it be better for me to use English or Chinese?
Use English, please
Старый 10.08.2016, 13:48   #8
Administrator
Заслуженный

Цитата:
Однако, однажды в книге под назвнием 《道德经真义》, книге, которая пытается объяснить Лао Цзы обильными цитатами из даосских алхимических поэм, эссе и трактатов разных эпох, я наткнулся на следующее стихотворение, 《龙虎交媾诗》, приписываемое 王重阳 (Ван Чунъяну):

这个修行总不知,元来只是认真慈。
赤衣上士游山水,乌帽先生入火池。
平等常施为大道,清静不退得真慈。
般般显现圆光就,引领金丹采玉芝。

Под стихотворением автор, составитель книги, предлагает краткое резюме поэмы, а затем пишет: “赤亦上士乃元神,乌帽先生指元精.” Ага!

Как только я увидел стих Ван Чунъяна, я понял, что я не совсем один в моей интерпретации иероглифа . Я вернулся к главе 67 и моим 古文 словарям, чтобы посмотреть, что ещё я мог бы найти.
Я думаю, что обычно переводится, как «смелый», и большинство китайский комментариев к Даодэцзину, которые я видел, объясняют этот иероглиф так. Сперва, я радовался про себя, думая, что он выглядит немного похоже на с чем-то дополнительным растущим из него. Может ли это «дополнение» указывать на 外阳举, когда ум спокоен? Я потом понял, что почти точно это не так, потому что, если рассмотреть внимательно , то это над , тогда как иероглиф «человек» (прим. пер.- ) – это «поле» над «силой».

Однако, мне было интересно увидеть, что《康熙字典》 цитирует из 《说文》, утверждая о , что он обозначает “气也,一曰健也,从力甬声”.
Я поискал насчёт , и 《新华字典》 даёт ему два определения, первое из которых идёт прямо из 《说文》: “本義:草木花結蓓蕾的樣子。鐘柄.”
Снова рискуя «прочесть слишком много» в этих иероглифах, не кажется невозможным утверждать, что yong в главе 67 ДДЦ – это намёк на физиологическую реакцию на глубокую неподвижность (например, 虚极静笃).
В конце-концов, если - это , как говорит Шовэнь, то интересно отметить, что поздние алхимические тексты, например, написанные У Чунсюем и Лю Хуаяном, кажется, иногда просто используют , чтобы указать на движение 外肾 (это моя интерпретация по-любому - пожалуйста поправьте меня, если я не прав).

Продолжаем.
Давайте посмотрим на саму главу 67 в части 勇:

Годяньский вариант не найден, поэтому посмотрим Мавандуйский и современный:
Мавандуй:

今舍亓...則必死矣

故能
今舍亓...則死

Общераспр вариант:

今 舍 ...死 矣

Если бы это был намек на физиологическую реакцию
虚极静笃, тогда как бы был возможен вариант добиться ее без 茲:
今 舍

То есть в данном случае на Вас повлияли современные толкования. И хотя относительно сути северного метода они и трактуют правильно, но не есть этимологическая линия в данном случае (勇 возможен как с так и без)

Пр. след.
С уважением, Д.А.

Translation:

Цитата:
However, one day in book called 《道德经真义》, a book which attempts to explain the Laozi by quoting broadly from neidan-related Daoist poems, essays, and scriptures from throughout the ages, I came across the following poem, 《龙虎交媾诗》, attributed to 王重阳 (Wang Chongyang):

这个修行总不知,元来只是认真慈。
赤衣上士游山水,乌帽先生入火池。
平等常施为大道,清静不退得真慈。
般般显现圆光就,引领金丹采玉芝。

Beneath the poem the author who put this book together offers a brief recapitulation of the poem, followed by, “赤亦上士乃元神,乌帽先生指元精.” Ah-hah!

Once I’d seen Wang Chongyang’s poem, I realized that I’m not totally on my own in my interpretation of the character 慈. I went back to Chapter 67 and my 古文 dictionaries to see what else I could find.

I think that usually 勇 is translated as “brave” and most Chinese commentaries on the Daodejing that I've seen explain this character in such a way. At first, looking closely at the character, I chuckled to myself, thinking it looked a bit like a 男 character with something extra growing out of it. Could that “extra” point to 外阳举 when the mind is tranquil? I then realized that almost certainly that is not the case, because 勇, looked at carefully, is a 甬 atop a 力, whereas the character for man is a field atop strength.

However, I was interested to see that the 《康熙字典》 quotes from the 《说文》, stating of 勇 that it means, “气也,一曰健也,从力甬声”. I looked up 甬, and 《新华字典》 gives it two definitions, the first of which comes straight from the 《说文》: “①本義:草木花結蓓蕾的樣子。②鐘柄.” Again at the risk of “reading too much” into these characters, it doesn’t seem impossible to posit that yong in Chapter 67 of the DDJ is an allusion to physiological reactions to deep stillness (i.e., 虚极静笃). After all, if 勇 is 气 as the Shuowen says, then it’s interesting to note that alchemical texts later on like those written by Wu Chongxu and Liu Huayang seem to sometimes simply use the character 气 to refer to the stirring of the 外肾 (that is my interpretation, anyway--please correct me if I am wrong).
Next.

Let's take a look at the chapter 67 itself, where it speaks about 勇:

Guodian variant wasn't found, so we look at Mawangdui and modern:

Mawangdui:

今舍亓...則必死矣

故能
今舍亓...則死

Common variant:

今 舍 ...死 矣

If it would be an allusion on some physical reaction, then it would be possible to get it without 茲:
今 舍

Thus in this case you were influenced by modern explanations. And even though about the Northern method they explain correctly, but it's not an etymology line in this case (
勇 is possible both with and without)

To be continued.
Best regards, D.A.

Последний раз редактировалось Михаил Федоров; 11.08.2016 в 20:03.
Старый 11.08.2016, 17:44   #9

Yes, I seem to have mixed up chapters 64 and 67 in my question.

I agree that calling 玄之又玄 the left and right kidneys and then leaving it at that seems like something that would be a major mistake. I'm curious though--was the Daodejing written in such a way that multiple layers of meaning (双关语) overlap with each other? I.e., in chapter 1, is "left and right kidneys" one of a possible multitude of allusions that Laozi meant to imply?

As for Daoist dictionaries, is there one you prefer?

With your second post, I'm afraid that using Bing translator hasn't clarified the Russian enough for me to be totally sure what you mean.

You have my ongoing thanks.

Перевод:

Да, кажется я спутал главы 64 и 67 в моём вопросе.

Я согласен, что назвать 玄之又玄 левой и правой почками и на этом закончить выглядит большой ошибкой.
Однако, любопытно - не был ли Даодэцзин написан так, что многочисленные уровни смысла (双关语) перекрывают друг друга?
Например, в главе 1, является ли "левая и провая почка" одной из многочисленных подказок, которые Лао Цзы имел в виду?

что касается даосских словарей, есть ли какой-то, который Вы предпочитаете?

Искренне благодарю.

Последний раз редактировалось Михаил Федоров; 12.08.2016 в 07:41.
Старый 11.08.2016, 18:03   #10
Administrator
Заслуженный

Цитата:

I agree that calling 玄之又玄 the left and right kidneys and then leaving it at that seems like something that would be a major mistake. I'm curious though--was the Daodejing written in such a way that multiple layers of meaning (双关语) overlap with each other? I.e., in chapter 1, is "left and right kidneys" one of a possible multitude of allusions that Laozi meant to imply?
Не пробовали ли Вы разгадать смысл всей первой главы, а не только отдельной фразы? Ведь там Лао-цзы говорит что он называет "玄之又玄".

Have you tried to unravel the meaning of the whole first chapter and not just of its single sentence? Because Lao Tzu says there, what he calls as "玄之又玄".

Цитата:
As for Daoist dictionaries, is there one you prefer?
Что такое даосские словари? Это цитаты из даосских трактатов с интерпретациями современных ученых. Интерпретации часто только сбивают со смысла. Поэтому я предпочитаю сам искать цитаты в даосских трактатах и их для себя систематизировать.

What is a Taoist dictionary? It is quotations from Taoist treatises with interpretations by modern scholars. Interpretations are often only knock out of meaning. So I prefer to look by myself for quotes in Taoist treatises and to organize them for myself.

Цитата:
With your second post, I'm afraid that using Bing translator hasn't clarified the Russian enough for me to be totally sure what you mean.
Подождем пока Михаил переведет мои ответы более точно.
Let's wait until Mikhail (Михаил Федоров) translates my answers more accurately.

Цитата:
You have my ongoing thanks.
Спасибо Вам за хорошие вопросы.
Thank you for your good questions too.

С уважением, Д.А.
Best regards, D.A.

Последний раз редактировалось Михаил Федоров; 11.08.2016 в 20:00.
Ответ